· Arizona high school seniors of Asian American descent currently attending an accredited two or four year public college/university in Arizona.
· College students of Asian American descent currently attending an accredited two or four year public college/university in Arizona.
· Preference will be given to students majoring in non-STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) fields.
· Must be a full-time college student (minimum of 12 units per semester) enrolled in the Fall of 2014.
· Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
· $1000 academic scholarship to be used for educational purposes only.
· A one-time awarded scholarship with the opportunity to reapply in subsequent years.
· A completed application form providing all the information requested.
· A one page essay about you, your intended field of study, your interests, expectations and goals
· Qualifying applicants are required to attend an interview on Saturday, June 3, 2014.
· Scholarship recipients are asked to attend the Annual Asian American Pacesetters Ceremony on Friday, July 11, 2014.
Scholarship Essay Guidelines:
· The essay should be about you, your intended or current field of study, your interests, expectations and goals.
· The essay must be one page only, single or double-spaced in 12-point type with one-inch margins.
· Essays more than one page or in any other type size will not be accepted.
· Attach essay with application form.
The scholarship will be presented at the Asian American Pacesetters Award Ceremony on July 11, 2014.
Please click here to download application. The deadline for scholarship applications is May 17, 2014.
For more information, please contact scholarship@ACELphoenix.org.